RSS

Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of july

Photo courtesy Taste of Home
   Well, we survived another year of fireworks, humidity and grillin'. Nothing burned, and that is a good thing. We could very well have mixed up our selection of burgers, though. (I couldn't do just one type.) We did taco burgers, blue cheese burgers, bacon/cheddar burgers and just a few regular ones for those children who just like them that way.
   For taco burgers I went the store-bought easy way. One pound of burger mixed with 1 packet of taco seasoning. Makes 4 patties. Chill for just a tad before grilling and cook until juices run clear.
   Lately, I have changed the way I season my burgers. In a bowl to 1 pound of ground meat, add 1 tsp. onion powder, 1 tsp. garlic salt, 1 T. McCormick's hamburger seasoning, 1 tsp. ground pepper and salt. Add a splash of Worcestershire sauce for kick and moisture. Grill until done.
   To make blue cheese burgers, shape the meat as usual, but indent in center with your thumb, just enough to press some blue cheese crumbles in center, then cover back up with meat. After flipping burgers, carefully add more crumbled blue cheese and some cooked bacon bits on top. Cheese won't really melt, but should get kinda gooey.
   I just thought I'd pass these tidbits on to give your burgers a quick lift.


Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Aunt Maggie Rocks said...

I'm so proud of you for starting a blog! It's fun and I can help ya with the layouts tomorrow at work. I love the taco burger idea... I'll give it a whirl. I really like making "ranch burgers". I just mix my burger with a packet of that hidden valley ranch dip mix. SOOO GOOD. Especially when you top it w/ a slice of pepperjack cheese!

Jancey's Cooking Corner said...

have tried ranch burgers with hidden valley before. good, but i think taco has a more pronounced taste. pepperjack for sure.

barbie1068 said...

Going to try this sounds great.