RSS

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Poor Man's Turkey Tetrazzini

Photo courtesy Taste of  Home
   After a week of using leftover Christmas ham, I went to the freezer and resurrected some Thanksgiving turkey, after all, it has been awhile. Besides, my largest plastic container was housing the legs and wings of the holiday bird and I wanted it back - Superbowl is coming. 
  So after picking the bones I came up with about 4 more cups of turkey. I used 2 cups in a spicy soup and reserved a cup for my version of a Turkey Tetrazzini. I didn't consult the cookbook, just a made a mushroom sauce with it and tossed in some thin spaghetti. I'm big on using what I've got to work with. My version is easier than the casserole style.

Poor Man's Turkey Tetrazzini
1 cup cooked turkey, chopped or shredded
1 T. olive oil
1/2 large onion, sliced in rings
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/2 lb. cooked pasta (thin spaghetti)
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. white pepper (or black)
sprinkle of parsley

   In large skillet, over medium heat add oil. Stir in onions and garlic, cooking until tender, about 5 minutes. Add Worcestershire, stirring to prevent sticking. 
   Turn heat to low and combine meat, soup and mushrooms in skillet. Stir to combine. Slowly stir in milk to thin sauce. Add Parmesan, salt and pepper. Simmer for 5-10 minutes on low to allow flavors to blend. 
   Stir in cooked pasta and parsley. Toss to coat well. Cover and let set until ready to serve. Makes 4 servings.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: