RSS

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Salsa Scalloped Potatoes

Photo courtesy Taste of Home
   This was my food experiment last weekend. With just a few extra ingredients, I thought I could give new life and taste to a classic standby dish, scalloped potatoes. The flavors turned out to be a great combination. I was a little skeptical at first, but I shouldn't have worried. Except for the green chilies and cilantro, which I don't always have on hand, these are pretty staple kitchen items and easy to combine. The prep time is minimal so this made it easy to focus on the main course.

1 box scalloped potatoes
2 cups boiling water
1/2 cup milk
1 T. butter
1/2 cup salsa
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup shredded cheese
1 small can green chilies
1 T. cilantro (or parsley)

Preheat oven to temperature indicated on box (400). In a greased 8x8x2 baking dish, combine potatoes, butter, water, milk and potato seasoning mix. Stir well. Add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine. Bake 35-40 minutes until potatoes are tender. Serves 6. Recipe can be doubled using 13x9x2 baking dish.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: