RSS

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Salsa Chicken in the Crockpot

   At the office we share many things and recipes are one of them. One day at the printer, I found a recipe for Salsa Chicken that one of my coworkers printed out but forgot to pick up. Lucky me! It looked easy and like it should just be really good. 
   Last weekend, I gave it a try. There were only a couple of steps and just a few ingredients. I love throwing stuff in a slow cooker and going on my merry way to other chores. 
  Dinner is done at your leisure when you put some layers of fun - like cheese, onions and lettuce into a spicy chicken filled tortilla shell. This turned out to be creamy, rich and very filling. 


Salsa Chicken in the Crockpot
10-12 boneless chicken tenders, or 4 breast cut into strips
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup salsa, heat of choice
1/2 cup sour cream or 1/4 cup Ranch dressing (optional)

Put chicken in bottom of crockpot and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Mix soup and salsa in small bowl and pour over chicken. Cook on high 4-5 hours or low 6-8.


Shred chicken with fork and add sour cream, if using. Serve in warm tortilla shells.

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: