RSS

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Thai Chili Chicken Thighs

   Looking for a new flavor twist for chicken? I found it recently in a little recipe book for chicken wings. By combining some sweet Thai Chili sauce, ginger and lime juice, I found a real treat. I didn't haven any wings, so I used the meatier thighs and increased the cooking time.
   This is one of the few times that I've marinated chicken and then cooked it in the marinade. It picked up the flavors much better that way. Since this cooks at a rather high heat (475 degrees) I was afraid of charring them. So after the cooking time, I removed them from the oven, covered them in foil and returned them to the oven (turned off) for an additional 30 minutes to make sure they were cooked through. It worked perfect.



Thai Chili Chicken Wings
4 chicken thighs
1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
1/2 shredded carrot (I used 4 baby carrots)
1 T. olive oil
1 T. lime juice
1 T. grated ginger
1 tsp. Kosher salt



Marinade chicken 2 hours. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Remove chicken to spray coated 9x9 baking dish. Roast 15 minutes. Remove from oven and add reserved marinade. Roast 30 minutes more until slightly charred. Remove from oven, cover in foil and return to warm oven (turned off) for 30 minutes. Serve with lime.

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: