RSS

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

How to Roast Tomatoes

     I had to try my hand at homemade sauce using fresh tomatoes. Instead of that blanch and peel method that wipes out my whole kitchen in red juices, I decided to try roasting them instead. This is so easy to do and clean up afterwards is a cinch. 


Layer and spray a cookie sheet and preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Wash tomatoes and cut in half, placing cut side down on cookie sheet.


Roast for 10-15 minutes. 
(I drizzled them in olive oil and shook on some salt and pepper.)

 When they came out of the oven, I took some tongs and peeled the skins off.
After 10-15 minutes, when they were cool enough to handle, squished tomatoes with fingers.


For easy clean up - drained the juices from the pan into the sink, roll up the foil and tomato tidbits and toss in trash. 


Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: