RSS

Friday, January 17, 2014

Vanilla Black Russian

Photo courtesy of the Cooking Corner.

     Back in the days of my youth, when I was hitting the bar scene, my way to ease into the evening was first a Kahlua and cream because it tasted like chocolate milk. Then I became brave enough to add some vodka and I had chocolate milk with a kick. By the end of the evening, the cream was an afterthought and it was just coffee flavored booze. Those were the days and I'm glad that I lived through them. 
    Nowadays, on a rare occasion, I go back in time and try a white Russian. Recently, I discovered a bottle of vanilla vodka that I'd bought for a special recipe for Mardi Gras (last year). Not one to waste, I tried making a black Russian with the vanilla vodka. I was pleased to find that this was a nice smooth mix. The vanilla in the vodka gives it a nice, extra flavor. Definitely worth a shot.

Vanilla Black Russian
2 oz. Kahlua
1 oz. Vanilla Vodka

Measure into large glass and mix well.
Pour over ice and serve.
Makes 1 drink for sipping.

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: