RSS

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Slow Cooker Beer Chicken

Photo courtesy Taste of Home

    When life gets busy, whether it be at work or home, I make use of my slow cooker. It doesn't matter the season, because the slow cooker adds very little heat to the kitchen. Since work has been hectic lately and the granddaughter had a birthday, which meant kids and a party, I needed an easy meal. 
    I planned ahead and thawed out a few chicken breasts so that they were ready when I had the time. To save more time, I popped them in slow cooker before I went to bed one night and by the next morning dinner was done, for whatever day I needed it to be done.
    Chicken cooked like this is very moist and the oregano and garlic kick in flavor. The best part is that it's so easy to do. This one is a real time saver with taste.

Slow Cooker Beer Chicken
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 bottle or can of your favorite beer
1 t. Kosher salt
1 t. garlic powder
1T. dried oregano
1/2 t. black pepper 


Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. 
Cook on low for 6-7 hours.

0 comments: