RSS

Monday, July 6, 2015

Cheese Stuffed Portobellos

Photos courtesy of The Cooking Corner.

    After watching grilled mushrooms being cooked at a Baby BBQ, I felt compelled to try them myself. Of course I had to give it my own touch and added some fresh garlic and a few springs of rosemary to the olive oil. 
    Now the directions that I consulted suggested scraping the gills out of the caps, so I did. Laboriously, I scraped those bad boy as clean as I could. For an extra touch, I topped them with a mix of Italian cheeses and to my way of thinking and taste, they turned out just fine.
    Of course, I was a bit impatient so there was no low heat involved, after all this was not smoked pork. But under the hubby's supervision I pulled the mushrooms off after about 7-8 minutes and they were quite shriveled, shrunk and done just fine.

Cheese Stuffed Portobellos
3 medium portobello mushroom caps
1 clove garlic, minced
3 T. olive oil
2-3 leaves of rosemary (optional)
2-3 T. Italian cheese blend

Heat grill to 350 degrees.
Scrape gills from mushroom caps.

In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic and rosemary if using.

Brush insides of mushrooms with oil mixture and place on grill. Cook about 5 minutes and brush tops with oil. Basting with more oil every few minutes.


Turn mushrooms with hollowed bottom up and fill with cheese. Cook another 3-4 minutes.

Mushrooms should be dark, soft and shrunk in size and cheese should be melted. Eat immediately. 

Serves 2-3.

0 comments: