RSS

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Honey Bourbon Carrots

Photo courtesy of the Cooking Corner.
   Whenever the grandkids come over for a family dinner, I always try to have some baby carrots on hand. They like to dip them in ranch dressing, maybe bite the carrot, but usually lick off the dip. I pretend I'm offering them veggies for a well balanced diet. I'll even count pickles as a veggie if they eat them.
    After the little darlings have gone back home and it's just the hubby and I, there are still usually some carrots left. I try and use them in a soup, but then what? Well, we add some honey bourbon and make them "adult carrots."

Honey Bourbon Carrots
16 baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
1/3 cup water
3 T. butter
3 T. honey
3 T. bourbon with honey

Combine all in medium skillet over medium high heat. (Do not cover.)

Cook until carrots are tender and glaze is slightly thickened about 10-12 minutes.

Serves 5-6.

0 comments: