RSS

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Sour Noodle Salad


    When I first saw the title of this recipe, "Sour Noodle Salad," I thought it sounded really weird. After I read the ingredients, I became intrigued. But when this dish was chosen as the winner in the salad category at a local holiday recipe contest, I took a taste and understood why it was a winner.
   The pasta was cooked perfectly al a dente' and it combined with the dressing to provide a cool, bright taste in your mouth. One taste was not enough. Many thanks to Mrs. Schwartz to sharing one of her best recipes. 
 
Sour Noodle Salad
Wanda Schwartz, Mt. Carmel, IL
1 lb. curly pasta (cook and cool)
1 onion chopped
1 cucumber chopped

Mix together:
1 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. parsley (optional)
1/2 tsp. minced garlic (optional)

Stir vinegar mixture over pasta - refrigerate. Stir to keep flavor on pasta.

0 comments: