RSS

Friday, January 4, 2013

Turkey Meatloaf

Friends Favorite Recipe Swap

From Karl Schmidt of Norman, OK (formerly of Gibson County)

I don't eat much ground beef so I don't know the difference (between beef and turkey) anymore. I just use whatever veggies I have on hand. I have enough to feed myself for 4 or 5 meals.

Turkey Meatloaf
1 lb. ground turkey
1 egg
1 small onion, diced
1 stalk celery, diced 
2 T. steak sauce
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
ketchup for topping


I cooked an onion and celery in butter until onion was caramelized and added that to the 1 lbs of ground turkey with an egg, a few table spoons of steak sauce and a 1/2 a cup or so of seasoned bread crumbs. I mixed it all up and put it in the oven for about an hour at 350. I did add some ketchup on top for the last 20 minutes. I have to say it was pretty damn good.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: