RSS

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pico de gallo

A little while back a friend came by and grabbed me up to keep her company during dinner. We went to a nearby franchise chain & found a new appetizer - potato twirls or something of that nature. It was like homemade potato chips with some incredible ooey gooey cheese and topped with pico de gallo. Oh yeah. I never really understood the difference between pico de gallo and salsa (the amount of liquid I'm thinking), but I did some surfing and basically it is a type of salsa. But really, who cares? I was just curious.
Since I have a boatload of grape tomatoes at the moment, I decided to give it a whirl. Why not? Oh yeah, simple and YUM!


Here's what I did -

18 grape tomatoes, halved, cored & seeded (there's not much to mess with) then cut in thirds & dice fine. (roma would work well, too)
1/4 cup vidallia onion chopped fine
2 shakes of lime juice
1 banana pepper, diced fine
1/8 cup dried cilantro
S&P
Mix & chill for few hours.

great w/nachos, tacos, or even on a twice baked potato.

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: