RSS

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Cheese Ball

Photo courtesy Taste of Home
   For years my sister and I took turns on holidays. I did Thanksgiving and she did Christmas, cooking for the whole crew. We made sure that who ever was hosting the event, included a cheese ball on the menu. When the crowds had dwindled and the kitchen was in relative order, we would set, chat and munch on the cheese ball - an absolute weakness that we both share.
   One year I decided, after browsing the recipes, that I could do this one. After all, some of the girls at the office brought in some homemade cheese balls and they were really good. So this is a recipe that I experimented with and the hubby gave a 2 thumbs up.

Cheese Ball
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 small pkg. sliced beef lunchmeat diced
1 clove garlic, diced
1/4 cup onion, diced fine
 2 T. parsley
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
optional- pinch of crushed red pepper

Blend all ingredients. Form into ball in plastic bowl and cover. 
Refrigerate at least an hour. Serve with crackers.

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: