RSS

Monday, August 9, 2010

Smoky Dry Rub

Homemade Smoky Dry Rub
    I love spices. They fascinate me, always have - just ask my poor dad. As I was learning to cook I was always experimenting. Good thing my hubby has an adventurous spirit. 
    Now I've started growing my own herbs too, that really drives the kids wild, "Mom, what is the green stuff in the food?" Oh well.
    After being so excited at finding Emeril's Essence in one of the grocery stores, I searched and found the basic recipe. Then I started experimenting myself. (Oh yeah!) I think I've improved it - at least for the BBQ scene. Just a touch of cumin, then you have that smoky touch that's just so cool. See what you think.

Smoky Dry Rub
2 1/2 T. paprika
2 T. garlic powder
1 T. onion powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. cayenne
1 T. oregano
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. pepper
1 T. kosher salt

(Note-can be used as a dry rub on any meat before grilling or as a spice additive to other dishes.)

Preparation -
Mix in small bowl and pour into container with tight fitting lid. Saves well in dry place.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: