RSS

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Black Bean and Chorizo Soup

A sauce containing tomato puree, diced tomatoe...Image via Wikipedia
I was looking through my cookbooks last weekend and found a black bean soup recipe in the slow cooker section, so I decided to modify it a bit. That means I didn't quite have all the ingredients, but most. So as Clint Eastwood would say in Heartbreak Ridge, I "adapted and overcame." I used what I had and it turned out really good. It was like my chili only with potatoes and as a soup instead of chili. See what you think.

Black Bean & Chorizo Soup
4 cups chicken broth
1 can (16 oz.) black beans, drained
1 can (16 oz.) diced tomatoes with jalapeno
1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
3 medium potatoes, cubed
1 lb. chorizo sausage, browned
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, diced
2 t. oregano
1/2 t. thyme
1 T. cumin
1/8 t. crushed red pepper
1 bay leaf

Preparation -
Put all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low 7-9 hours. Garnish with shredded cheese or sour cream if desired. Good served with warm corn bread. Serves 8.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: