RSS

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bacon and Blue Cheese Slaw

Photo courtesy Taste of Homes
    Last weekend my cooking experiment was Cuban Pulled Pork. A friend of mine sent me the recipe and I wanted a new kind of slaw to go with it. I've already tried Memphis  and BBQ Slaw, so this time I found a new recipe to rework. It called for broccoli slaw, but since that didn't thrill anybody when I tried it last, I just used regular bagged slaw mix. The hubby and I both like Blue Cheese and who doesn't like bacon? So this worked out great. It turned out to be cool, creamy, a little crunchy and with a subtle pop of the blue cheese.

Bacon and Blue Cheese Slaw
1 bottle of Ranch dressing
1 bag of slaw mix
1/2 onion, minced
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 (8 oz.) tub of Blue cheese crumbles
1/2 tsp. celery seed
salt and pepper

Preparation -
Combine all ingredients in medium plastic bowl with lid. 

Refrigerate at least 2-3 hours. Serves 8-10.

*Recipe easily halved.

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: