RSS

Friday, May 13, 2011

Creamy Coleslaw

Now that summer cooking and grilling out are finally here, I'm gearing up for our Memorial Day bash. I've been trying out some new recipes on the crew, and there are future updates on that. But while looking through my assortment of ideas, I came across this one I've used in years past. Simple is sometimes very good. This is an easy do ahead dish when you need an quick side.

Creamy Coleslaw
4 cups shredded cabbage
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup mayo or salad dressing
1 T. vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. celery seed

In large bowl mix cabbage, carrots and onion. In separate smaller bowl combine remaining ingredients for dressing. Toss with cabbage and chill well. Serves 8.

Note - Substituting Ranch dressing for the mayo adds a nice flavor. Pre-made slaw mix can be used instead of cabbage and carrots to make it easy. I often for look for produce mark downs when I make this dish.

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: