RSS

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Grippo's Tangy BBQ Coleslaw

I've tried some BBQ coleslaw recipes before, but never have I found a twang like this. I "spiced it up" with some Grippo's BBQ spice. What a nice spicy surprise.
We made some pulled pork recently and I wanted to make BBQ sandwiches topped with slaw, Carolina-style. Since there isn't a lot of slaw eaters at my house I used one bag of slaw mix for two different recipes, but this recipe can easily be doubled to fit your needs.
This is very simple, only a few ingredients and quite a nice little kick. I wouldn't think twice about substituting red bell peppers for green or using some of both.

Grippo's  Tangy BBQ Coleslaw
1/2 pkg. coleslaw mix
1/3 of 16 oz. bottle Kraft coleslaw dressing (or 1/3 cup of your  favorite)
1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
1/4 t. onion salt
1/8 t. celery seed
sprinkle of kosher salt and cracked black pepper
3/4-1 T. Grippo's Gourmet Bar-B-Q spice

Empty half of bag of slaw mix into medium mixing bowl. Add bell pepper and top with slaw dressing. Sprinkle spices over top of dressing and then mix well. Add more dressing dressing if you like it creamier. Adjust Grippo's spice to the amount of "tang" you like. This picks up a little heat. Serves 4-6.

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: