RSS

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Buffalo Potato Wedges

Photo courtesy Taste of Home
   Potatoes are a staple at my house and lately the prices have been right. I was getting tired of mashed and boiled potatoes so I decided to try something new. After checking out my list of recipes "to get around to," I decided on Buffalo Potato Wedges. Almost everyone in the house likes Buffalo Wings and they all like potatoes, so . . . why not?
  I found a recipe and modified it to taste and what I had on hand. The boys were impressed and the zingy little potatoes didn't last long. It's an easy way to add a new twist to an old stand by and the flavor was right there to spice things up. It's super easy, too.


Buffalo Potato Wedges
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 tsp. cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
5 or 6 medium potatoes, washed and cut into wedges lengthwise 
1/4 cup wing sauce
1 celery stalk, chopped fine

   Preheat oven to 425ยบ F.
  In a medium bowl, combine oil, salt, and potatoes. Toss until coated. Place on sprayed baking sheet and cook 30 minutes. Turn potatoes and continue cooking another 20 minutes, or until golden and slightly crispy.
  Return potatoes to bowl and add wing sauce. Toss until coated. Put potatoes on a plate and top with blue cheese dressing and celery. Serve immediately. Makes 3 servings.

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: