RSS

Monday, March 5, 2012

Thai Chili Sauce

SaucesSauces (Photo credit: su-lin)
   There is a restaurant in Evansville that serves a lightly breaded grilled shrimp that is coated in this incredible spicy Asian sauce. There's a touch of sweet with just a little heat in the background that grabs your mouth and yell's 'Oh yeah!" I've had other sauces that are very similar and finally tried to do it myself, based on a recipe that one of my friends shared with me.
   Finding the two types of sauces was a bit difficult here in the "heartland," but it was an interesting combination. My original plan for the sauce was shrimp, however I used the leftover sauce on chicken tenders one night and it gave them a tangy kick that was really good.

1 cup mayo
3 T. hot chili sauce (Stiracha hot chili sauce)
1 T. sweet chili sauce (Mae Ploy)
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T. cilantro

Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and let chill for 1 hour before serving.
Good served as a seafood dip or baste after cooking seafood or chicken.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: