RSS

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Potato Bites

Photo courtesy of my Mac.
   Recently I was internet surfing and found a recipe that took small new potatoes and wrapped them in bacon. (Yeah!) Then a package of Ranch dressing mix was to be sprinkled over the potatoes. This sounded lovely, but I don't usually stock Ranch dip, nor did I have new potatoes. I just had the good old regular russets. This recipe also had directions for grilling these bad boys for 20-25 minutes, turning so the bacon could cook on all sides. Well, it was rainy and windy, so I just wasn't going there.
   Of course, I adjusted and substituted. I do have a spice rub* mix that I keep on hand, so I sprinkled that on the potatoes and popped these in the oven for about a half hour, flipping once. The bacon browned nicely and potatoes had a good flavor. What an easy side dish.

Bacon Wrapped Potato Bites
2 large russet potatoes, washed
3-4 strips of bacon
sprinkle of kosher salt and cracked black pepper
garlic powder or dry rub spice*, optional

   Slice potatoes in 1/2-inch circles. Wrap each potato in bacon, about half a strip, and secure with toothpick. Place on sprayed baking sheet and sprinkle with spices.
   Cook in 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes until center of potatoes are cooked and bacon is browned. (Flip potatoes once at about 15 minutes.) Serves 3-4.
*Check the spice section for more info.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: