RSS

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Baking Bacon

Photos courtesy of the Cooking Corner. Bacon courtesy of Kenny Dewig meats.
    For many years I cooked bacon just like my mother and grandmother before me, fried in a skillet. We all know about that snap, crackle, pop and burn. There were years when the little George Foreman grill was popular and I loved it for bacon. The lid kept the bacon flat and grease drained off with very little pop and sizzle. There were a few times that I tried wrapping the bacon in paper towel and rotating it in the microwave. The paper towels soaked up the grease, but it was just a bit of a mess to fiddle with, all that rotate and flip.


    Over the last few months, I've decided that it's so much easier to cook bacon in the oven and it does a great job of staying flat. This really worked well over the holidays when I use bacon for a variety of recipes. With one cookie sheet and 20 minutes at 375 degrees in the oven, I had bacon for potato salad, baked beans and mac and cheese. What a time and hassle saver, not to mention really easy clean up.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: