RSS

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Chili Cheese Omelet

Chili Cheese Omelet with jalapeno jelly on biscuits.
     As a treat for my husband, I try to make him breakfast on Sundays. One of the easiest dishes I make for him is an omelet. This is a great way to use up little tidbits of leftovers. You can put just about anything in an omelet - meats, veggies, cheeses and sauces.
    Recently I made some sauce for chili dogs and had just a little bit leftover. This worked out to be a perfect omelet filling. I added a little chopped onion and shredded cheese to pull the flavors together. I found the hubby stretched out in the recline a little while later. I must have done good.

Chili Cheese Omelet
2 eggs
2 T. milk
1/2 cup chili
2 T. onion, diced
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 tsp. oil

Heat small skillet to medium high and add oil. 
In small bowl, crack eggs and add splash of milk. Beat well.

When skillet it hot, add egg making sure the skillet it coated. Let sit for a few minutes and then shake gently. Run fork around edges of eggs to loosen. Shake lightly again.

When edges of eggs are cooked, layer chili in center and sprinkle with onion and cheese. Shake pan to make sure edges are loosened.

Hold skillet at 45 degree angle and fold top of omelet over to center. Roll out on to plate. To serve top with additional chili and cheese.

Serves 1.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: