RSS

Friday, November 8, 2013

Fresh Apple Crisp

Photos courtesy of the Cooking Corner.
    During the fall apples are plentiful so it's wise to make use of them. Recently I had some spare apples so I decided to try an apple crisp. This was one of my favorites as a child. It reminds me of lunches in grade school.
    This was very easy to make, especially since I have one of those little apple slicers. It takes most of the work out of it for you and make peeling easy. I found the inspiration for this in a recipe book that is my cooking "Bible" and is older than all of my kids. Next time I'm thinking a little oatmeal mixed in the topping for crunch would be good. Be sure to add some topping or ice cream to complete the dish and take the tastes over the top.
 

Fresh Apple Crisp
5-6 apples, peeled, cored and thin sliced
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup flour
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. mace
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter, softened

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray coat 9-inch pie pan.
Layer apples in pie pan starting on outside edges working in. Sprinkle with lemon juice and sugar.

Mix other ingredients together, stirring well to combine Sprinkle or smooth on top of apples.

Bake uncovered 45 minutes (with drip try below if needed). Cool and serve with whipped topping or ice cream.

Make 1 pie.

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: