RSS

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Cranberry Snack Mix

Photo courtesy of the Cooking Corner.
     It was time for the monthly girls card party and I needed an easy dish to bring. The theme this month was something fall, which leaves the options pretty wide open. Since I had lots of things going on that day, I needed something that didn't take a lot of hands on time.
    After consulting various recipes, I found a snack mix using cranberries. That sounded like a fall item to me. I had been experimenting with cranberries and had some leftover, so it was perfect. 
   Early in the day, I made sugared cranberries (they hang out for 4 hours drying). Later I mixed up the crunchy stuff and let it bake. When it was time for the party, I mixed them all together. Sometimes easy is good. So if you need a snack for company or a game time treat, this an easy dish to do.

Cranberry Snack Mix
2 bags (15 oz. each) Snack Mix (or 2 cups each pretzels, Chex cereal, nuts)
4 T. butter, melted
2 T. brown sugar
1 tsp. kosher salt
2 cups sugared cranberries (note recipe previously posted)

Preheat to 350.

Spray roaster or other baking pan with sides.

In a large mixing bowl, sprinkle brown sugar and salt on snack mix and drizzle melted butter over top. Stir well to combine.

Bake at 350, stirring every 10 minutes, until crisp, about 20-25 minutes.

Remove from oven and cool. Toss with sugared cranberries.

Store in airtight container. Serves about 16 or so.

0 comments: