RSS

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Garlic Honey Pork Chops

Photo courtesy Taste of Home.
    While glancing through some food magazines I found a recipe for a honey and garlic glaze that went with pork. It sounded interesting. 
    Now, my ability to follow a recipe is often in question. For this experiment I used boneless pork chops, because that's what I buy - boneless. When I cook chops I always prefer to use thick-cut or butterflied cuts so they don't dry out so easily. With that being said, I usually bake pork chops instead of frying them for that same reason, however this was the exception. 
   The glaze's combination of flavors balanced out very well. A little bit of honey takes the tang out of the lemon juice and the soy sauce added some salt to round out the dish. This was a very nice topping that paired well with pork. Return the chops to skillet for a short, low simmer with a lid to add some moisture. This was well worth the adventure and I'll try it again.

Garlic Honey Pork Chops
Ingredients
4 bone-in pork chops
1/4 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup honey
2 T. soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
cracked black pepper

Preparation
Place large coating sprayed skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops and sprinkle with pepper. Cook 5-6 minutes each side. Remove and keep warm.

In a small bowl, mix lemon juice, honey, soy sauce and garlic. Pour into pan and cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with pork chops.

Serves 8-10.
Photo courtesy of the Cooking Corner.

0 comments: