RSS

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Cheddar Bacon Ranch Hash Brown Casserole

Photos courtesy of the Cooking Corner.

      For Memorial Day I tried a new twist on a family favorite. Instead of making potato salad, I opted for hash brown casserole. A few of the kids don't like mayo, so that knocks potato salad off the list, but everyone loves hash brown casserole. 
     I tried a new twist on this by using ranch dressing, extra cheddar and bacon that seems to be the new flavor craze - cheddar, bacon, ranch. Even the friend from work who's recipe I adapted said, "How can you go wrong with bacon? "

Cheddar Bacon Ranch Hash Brown Casserole
2 pkg. frozen hash browns
  (about 20 oz. each, slightly thawed)
8 oz. sour cream

1/2 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix
4-6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled  
1/2 cup chopped onion  
1 tsp. garlic  
1 can cream of potato soup  
1/2 cup melted butter  
3/4 pkg. shredded cheddar cheese (I used triple cheddar)
salt and pepper




Preheat oven to 350.

Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix well.

Pour in greased or sprayed 13x9x2 baking dish.

Bake 1-1/4 hours at 350 degrees.

Serves 10-12.

Note: I used 16 oz. sour cream mixed with 1 packet of Hidden Valley dip mixture. I put half of it in the casserole and used the other half for chip dip.

0 comments: