RSS

Monday, October 10, 2016

Honey Toasted Pecans

Photo courtesy Ryan Spear, Mt. Carmel, IL
     It's always good to keep your ears and mind open to trying new things. Over the years, I've been so lucky because friends, family and coworkers give me ideas, tips and recipes. The trouble I've found is that's there's just not enough time in the day to try them all.
     But when I least expected it, one of the greatest little snacks appeared right at my work station. Next to my keyboard there was a bowl of honey roasted pecans. To top it off they were dusted in powdered sugar.
     I remembered that one of my coworkers mentioned he and a friend had plans of roasting pecans over the weekend. Now I understood what he meant. These little treats were soft, slightly salty but sweet at the same time.
     Because I was wearing a solid red shirt and had an interview to do, I waited until later to try them. (I didn't want powdered sugar droppings down my front.) It was love at first bite. These little nibbles reminded of my favorite Christmas cookies, Mexican wedding cakes. Well, maybe without all of the butter and flour, but the taste took me right there.
     What I didn't realize is that while I was busy, the entire office had tried these and I was lucky there was any left. News of the little tasties had spread like wild fire. With this type of great review I couldn't help but share the recipe. It's the perfect snack to try for the upcoming holidays.

Honey Toasted Pecans 

Recipe courtesy of Ryan Spear,
Mt. Carmel, IL
1 bag of pecans
1/2 stick of butter
1/2 cup honey
salt
cinnamon sugar
2 cups powdered sugar (optional)

Melt butter and honey together, mix well.
Toss pecans and butter/honey mixture together.


Arrange on baking pan, spreading out well.
Sprinkle with salt and cinnamon sugar (to your desire)


Bake at 350 for 10 min, then stir and put back in for additional 5 minutes.
Let cool for 1 hour.


Put powdered sugar in plastic baggie and then add pecans. Shake to coat.

0 comments: