RSS

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hashbrown casserole

   At work every year for Christmas we have a carry-in lunch. I of course, bring my sausage balls in both regular and hot varieties. Over the years though, the most requested dish is Nancy's Hashbrown Casserole. She gave me the recipe and I tried it one Thanksgiving and the kids have requested it ever since. I thought I'd share it with you.


HASH BROWN CASSEROLE
2 pkg. frozen hash browns 
  (about 20 oz. each, slightly thawed)
8 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp. garlic
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 pkg. shredded cheese (I use sharp cheddar)
Salt and Pepper

1. Mix ingredients in large bowl
2. Pour in greased 13x9x2
3. Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hr. at 350 degrees.

Optional - Crush corn flakes on top. Pour melted butter over top and bake.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: