RSS

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Texas Caviar

Photo courtesy Taste of Home

     My husband works at a greenhouse with a small group of women. Over the years, through seeing his leftovers for lunch, they have learned that I cook. So quite often some of these nice ladies send me recipes, produce and great ideas.
     For Superbowl one year, I made this as dip for chips. It reminds me a pico de gallo with beans. It's got a nice little tang and is a quick and easy do-ahead dish.

Texas Caviar
Ingredients
1 can black eyed peas w/jalepeno, rinsed and drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 med. onion, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 dozen cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 tsp. salt and pepper
1 tsp. garlic salt
couple of squirts of lime or lemon juice

Directions: Mix all ingredients together and let chill.

0 comments: