RSS

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mary's Homemade Ice Cream

Ice Cream dessertImage via Wikipedia
A few of my friends have noticed that I need more dessert recipes. They are right. In the summer I get distracted with the grill and our flaming adventures. But my friend Mary was nice enough to share this recipe with me, which she says is "The BEST", so I've got to pass it on. I can remember being about 5 years-old and watching my grandma make homemade ice cream, oh yeah. There's just nothing like it.

Mary's homemade ice cream             
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 T. vanilla   
1/2 pint whipping cream
2 cans Eagle brand condensed milk
1/4 t. salt   
whole milk   

In a large bowl, using hand mixer, combine eggs, cream, sugar, salt and vanilla. Mix well. Pour into ice cream canister and add condensed milk, stirring well. Add whole milk to fill line on canister and stir. Makes about 4-5 quarts.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: