RSS

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fajita Marinade

My friend Barb, gave me this recipe a couple of weeks ago. I've been wanting to give it a try, but a couple of obstacles have came along. The meat I bought for this (round steak) was thawed out and ready the weekend I was sick, so it got turned into some really tough small pieces of steak. The other problem is that we ran out of gas on the grill. Since I'm not a very patient person, I want to go ahead and give you this recipe - it should turn out great.

Fajita Marinade
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 round steak, cut in thin strips
1 red or green bell pepper, cut in thin strips
1 medium onion, cut in thin strips

Mix all ingredients together and pour over thin sliced strips of beef and veggies. Marinade for several hours or overnight. Pour meat/marinade in a tin foil pouch and throw the pouch on hot grill and cook for 15-20 minutes. Roll in soft shells and serve with rice on the side.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: