RSS

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Italian Beef Dip Sandwiches

   I love my crockpot. I also really like making something in the crockpot on Sunday, that we can reheat for dinner on Monday night. First one home, plugs in dinner. During football season, this comes in really handy because we're ready for kick off and I can actually watch the game. This recipe was given to me by my friend Susie and we've adapted it - like always. It doesn't take a lot of time or ingredients  - really easy and really good.

Italian Beef Dip Sandwiches
3-4 lb. roast (sirloin tip works well)
1 jar pepperoncini peppers (tamed jalapeno peppers also work)
2 cans beef broth (or 3 beef bouillon cubes dissolved in 2 cups water)
1 package dry Italian dressing mix
6 Hoagie rolls or ciabatta buns
1/2 pkg. shredded mozzarella
Use silver dollars buns and cheddar cheese to make beef and cheddar slideres.
6 slices provolone cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

In crockpot combine meat, peppers, broth and spices. Let cook on low 7-8 hours or 4-5 hours on high. In 350 oven lightly brown rolls, just 3 minutes or so. Layer provolone cheese on buns, top with sliced meat and add layer of mozzarella on top. Put back in oven a few minutes just to melt cheese. Pour a little broth in small bowl or cup for dipping.

Note - I've on occasion forgotten to get the Italian seasoning packet, so I just use my own blend or oregano, thyme, marjoram and basil. Sometimes I shred the meat like a pulled pork sandwich.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: