RSS

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Roasted Corn

Ears of corn on the cob with sticks, cooked an...Image via Wikipedia
After a summer of experimenting with corn on the cob, on the grill, we have finally found a way to cook it that works great - in the oven! (we're out of gas) Labor Day was here, corn was on sale and I just couldn't pass it up. I'm so glad that I didn't. I went surfing my favorite sites and found something I could base my idea on - (thank you Tyler Florence) - however, I can't quite follow directions, so this is how it turned out - great!

Roasted Corn with Lime Chili Butter
6 ears corn in husk
1/4 lb. butter or margarine
1 t. chili powder
2 t. paprika with lemon and lime (use regular if you don't have lemon/lime)
2 squirts of lime juice (couple of tablespoons)

Preheat oven to 350.
Remove silks from corn and recover the husks. Place directly on oven rack and cook for 30-40 minutes until soft. In small bowl with lid, mix butter, spices and lime juice until creamy and well blended.
Refrigerate until needed. When corn is done, remove husk and slather on butter. Serves 6.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: