RSS

Friday, October 29, 2010

Seared Memphis Pork Chops

When I was little I can remember my grandmother using cast iron skillets. I had been without one for years until just a few weeks ago when my friend did some cleaning out and donated one to my kitchen. Yeah! Since we are officially out of gas for the grill - my cast iron skillet in the oven is our way to make-do.
I tried this out the other night and it worked great.

Seared Memphis Pork Chops

1/3 of whole boneless pork loin
1/4-1/3 cup Memphis dry rub
2 t. garlic powder
1 t. kosher salt
1 t. black pepper

Cut loin into at least 3/4 inch chops. Cover with dry rub and spices. Let set overnight. Before cooking, let set out for 30 minutes to take off chill. Heat oven to 500 with cast iron skillet on bottom rack. When oven is really hot, (10 minutes or so), carefully pull out rack with pan on it and add a small drizzle of oil. Place chops in hot skillet and return to oven. Cook 5 minutes and flip. Cook 5 minutes more. Remove from oven and let set in hot skillet until ready to serve.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: