RSS

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pecan Dreams

Mexican Wedding Cakes/Russian TeacakesImage by pierrotsomepeople via Flickr
   When I was a kid, every holiday season my mother would make a variety of sweets - fudge, divinity, and my personal favorite, Mexican Wedding cakes. At work the other day, one of my friends brought in an assortment of sweet stuff. Usually I stay clear of these little goodies, but when I saw some little powdered sugar balls, I fell to temptation. Yeah, there's nothing like a powdered sugar mustache. She called the Pecan Dreams. 
    After checking, there's very little difference from the wedding cakes - more pecans per recipe. There's a Hawaiian variation with Macadamia nuts that's very similar. What's nice is that these are so easy to make and stay good a long time.

Pecan Dreams
1 cup butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup powered sugar
2 cups of chopped pecans
2 cups flour

Cream butter and then add remaining ingredients in order given. Roll into balls about 1/2 inch round and place on a sprayed cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. 

When cooled, roll in powered sugar.
A single batch is never enough, always double.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: