RSS

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Stuffed Pepper Soup

Photo courtesy Taste of Home
  In the summer one of my favorites is stuffed peppers. It's fresh tomatoes and peppers right out of the garden. Now that it's winter and I'm all about my slow cooker and soups or stews, this recipe combines the best of both.
  One of my friends passed this recipe on to me from a lady that used to work at the Mt. Carmel (IL) newspaper for years. She said it was a favorite of the crew that worked there. I can see why. It reminds me of veggie soup meets chili. But the recipe is easy, the ingredients are few and the flavor is good. I have to add more paprika for the quantity, though.

Stuffed Roast Pepper Soup
2 lb ground beef
chopped onion 
6 cups water
6 beef bouillon cubes
2 cans chopped tomatoes (28 oz. each)
2 cups cooked rice
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. paprika
3 green peppers chopped (or as many as you like)

Cook beef and onion, drain. Add next 6 ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Add green peppers, cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until peppers are to the desired tenderness.

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: