RSS

Monday, June 4, 2012

Cola Burgers

Photo courtesy of the Cooking Corner.
    I like trying new ways to do things, so when the boss forwarded me a recipe for burgers using cola in the meat mixture, I thought I'd give it a try. I use cola when I cook a pork butt and that adds sugar to help tenderize the meat, so it wasn't a big stretch to see it's potential in a burger.
    This turned out to be one of the most moist burgers that I've ever made. I'm not sure that basting them did much for flavor, because I had to add my own touch of spices. But this is simple, tasty and filling.

Cola Burgers
Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 egg
2 T. Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 cup saltine crackers, crushed
2 T. McCormick's hamburger spice mix
1/2 cup soda (Coke), divided
 6 T. French salad dressing, divided

Directions
Oil or use cooking spray on grill grates and preheat to high heat.

In a medium bowl, mix together the egg, 1/4 cup of cola, crushed crackers, 2 T. of French dressing, and Parmesan cheese. Add the ground beef, and mix well. Form into 6 balls, and pat into 3/4 inch patties. Sprinkle with garlic and onion powders and hamburger seasoning on both sides of patties. Pour the remaining cola and French dressing into a small bowl and mix well.

Grill burgers for about 3 minutes per side. Brush with the dressing mix, then grill for 8 to 10 more minutes, basting occasionally. Serves 6.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comments:

James D said...

JANCEY ROCKS!