RSS

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Beer Bread

Photo courtesy of my Mac
   It had been back in college since I'd tried to make beer bread. So when one of my coworkers said that she had a recipe for beer bread, I was all for it. I like breads of all kinds, but a mix-and-bake quick bread is an easy side dish for any meal.
  I had made chicken and sausage gumbo and thought some bread on the side would be good. This is a thick, dense bread that would be good for sopping up gravy. The next night when I made chicken and noodles, I toasted it lightly. This gave it a nice crisp crust but with a soft inside and made the hubby happy.

Beer Bread
3 cups flour, sifted
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup sugar
1-12 oz. beer (not light)
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled

Preheat oven to 350.
Mix dry ingredients and slowly add beer. Pour into greased loaf pan.
Pour melted butter over top for crisper crust. Bake 1 hour.

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: