RSS

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Kahlua Brownies

  This time of year many cooks are baking sweet treats with a little holiday cheer included, so I wanted to take the easy way and use what I had on hand - Kahlua. That has been my mission.
   I decided I was going to try my hand at holiday baking with booze, but my options were limited - very old bad wine, vodka or Kahlua. The rum that I thought was in stock had gone to a glaze for Easter ham. 
   Hmm, what to do? After surveying the pantry and finding a box of brownie mix that the youngest daughter had bought a while back, I decided to experiment with Kahlua brownies. 
   The chick on TV is not the only one who can do the semi-homemade thing. It's called substitution, and that's just what I did - used Kahlua instead of water. No big deal. Well, it did smell a little different, I must say. These were very moist fudgy brownies, and everybody liked them, but a real hint of Kahlua, not so much.

 Kahlua Brownies
1 box Pillsbury Fudge Supreme Brownie mix with walnuts
1/4 cup Kahlua
1 egg
1/3 cup oil
whipped topping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray coat 8x8x8 glass baking dish.

In medium bowl, combine egg, brownie mix, nuts, oil and Kalhua; mixing well.

Pour into baking dish and cook 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 20 minutes. Cut into 9 squares. Serve on plate with whipped topping.

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comments:

marlene said...

I love kahlua. and I love brownies too.