RSS

Monday, December 17, 2012

Stuffed Mexican or Chili Potatoes

Chili Cheese Stuffed Potato courtesy of my Mac.
    I love potatoes and baked is top on my list. I can do them with butter, sour cream, bacon bits or just about anything else. We've done broccoli and cheese which is also a nice touch. 
  A few weeks ago they had some BIG bakers on sale so we made full use of them. We were getting to the end of the leftovers one night, I had enough chili or tacos for one serving. So I put some bakers in the oven and topped them individually. Why not? My own baked potato bar works for me. It was filling, tasty and cleaned out the leftovers. We were all happy.


Chili Cheese Stuffed Potatoes
large baking potato
1/2 cup chili
2 T. chopped onion
1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Poke holes in potato with fork. Bake in 375 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on size.

Split open with fork and lightly butter. Add salt and pepper. Spoon warmed chili over potato, sprinkle with chopped onion and cheese. Heat to melt cheese 30 seconds in microwave.


Mexican Stuffed Potatoes
large baking potato
Mexican Stuffed Potato courtesy of my Mac.
1/2 cup taco meat
2 T. salsa
2 T. chopped onion
1/4 cup shredded Mexican or taco cheese
dollop of sour cream

Poke holes in potato with fork. Bake in 375 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on size.

Split open with fork and lightly butter. Add salt and pepper. Layer taco meat and then salsa over potato, sprinkle with chopped onion and cheese. Heat to melt 30 seconds in microwave. Add sour cream if desired. Tops with shredded cheese.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: