RSS

Wednesday, February 20, 2013


Bean Pie


Friends Favorite Recipe Swap

From Karen Emerson of Evansville

   OMG- this is so good!!! This would be perfect warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on it. This really reminds me of Pecan Pie. 
  I had no idea what to expect when I made this. I'm definitely making this again. Nobody will believe it has pinto beans in it. 
   I let it sit for about 5 minutes before slicing it. It held it's shape but maybe it should have sat for about 15 minutes just to make sure.


Bean Pie

INGREDIENTS

1 cup white sugar

2/3 cup packed brown sugar

3 eggs

1/3 cup butter

1 cup pinto beans, cooked and mashed very well

1/3 cup chopped walnuts

1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie


DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 

Cream together butter, sugars and eggs (slightly beaten). 
Add beans and nuts, mix well and pour into unbaked pie shell.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: