RSS

Monday, April 22, 2013

Dressed Up BLT sandwich

     Whenever I'm short on time or ideas for dinner, or if I'm just down right tired, I lean towards making something easy and quick, like a sandwich with either soup or salad on the side.
    Most of the time I fry bacon, but I'm not sure why. It's habit I think. Every now and then I wrap it in paper towels and microwave it, which works out OK, but nothing exciting. This time I tried baking it in the oven. I was so surprised at how easy it was. The bacon actually stayed flat and clean up was so easy, throw the foil in the trash. It's my new way to do our favorite part of the pig.

Dressed Up BLTs
6-8 slices bacon
4 slices sourdough bread
1 large or 4 small tomatoes, sliced

mayonnaise
2-3 leaves of lettuce
1 large or 2 medium slices Pepperjack cheese
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350.
Wrap small baking sheet in foil. Place bacon on cooking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until browned and slightly crisp.

On bread, spread layer of mayonnaise, top with lettuce and tomatoes. Sprinkle tomatoes with a touch of salt and pepper. Add bacon and then cheese. Close sandwiches and serve. Serves 2, but easily multiplied.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: