RSS

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Honey Mustard Sauce

Honey mustard sauce courtesy of The Cooking Corner.
   For a recent family dinner, the hubby had the idea of making dipping sauces for the ham instead of glazing it. The idea was good, but the kids just dived into the meat and skipped the sauces.
   The hubby and I had no problem finding uses for these "leftovers." I had fixed some sausage rolls as an appetizer and the sauces were perfect for them. After we'd had our fill of ham, I switched to chicken and made tenders. They were good this way, too.
   Of all my sauce creations, the honey mustard turned out the best by far. It was simple, creamy and had a good balance of flavors. I never realized how easy it is to do it yourself. 
   One tip though, all of the sauces seemed better made a day ahead so that the flavors had time to blend together. Here's my take on Honey Mustard.


Honey Mustard Sauce
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup honey
2 T. mayonnaise
1 T. lemon juice

Mix all ingredients in small bowl and whip it good. 

Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Makes 1 cup.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: