RSS

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Crock Pot Beef Roast

Photo courtesy of Maggie Armstrong.

    After having tried various ways of cooking roast, I've learned that they all need a little something added in to help with the flavor. Over the years, I've tried onion soup mix and Italian dressing, but this recipe tries something that I've not - a combination of ranch and au jus mixes. This turned out to be a great idea and one that I'll try. After tasting these tender beef cuts at a local recipe contest, I was sold on this idea.

Crock Pot Beef Roast
Maralu Pollock - Princeton
large chuck roast
1 pkg. ranch dressing mix
1 pkg. aujus mix
1 stick butter
4 or 5 pepperoncini and about 1/4 cup of juice

Put large chuck roast in bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle with 1 package ranch dressing mix, and 1 package Aujus mix. 

Add 1 stick butter, 4 or 5 pepperoncini and about 1/4 cup of the juice. 

Put on high and let cook 6 hours.

0 comments: