RSS

Monday, October 25, 2010

Smoky BBQ Slaw

A friend of mine gave me her Taste of Home Grilling cookbook to check out and I found some very interesting things -  one of them being BBQ slaw. After watching "The Neely's" on TV, I've realized that BBQ can be put on a lot of different things - I've done pizza, they've done spaghetti, so why not slaw?
It was my dad's birthday and we were fixing him dinner  - pulled pork and sides, when I decided to try my version of a BBQ slaw.
If you like a vinegar based slaw sauce, this is good. It does have a bit of twang, but there's still a hint of smokey BBQ in the background.

Smoky BBQ Slaw
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
1 t. paprika
1 t. cumin
1 pkg. shredded slaw mix
1 t. onion salt
sprinkle of celery seed
1 small dice green bell pepper (optional)

Preparation -
MIx first 7 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Pour hot vinegar mixture over slaw mix and green pepper if using. Add onion salt and celery seed. Toss well. Cover and chill 3-4 hours. Serves 8
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: