RSS

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Turkey Enchiladas

I often use leftover turkey just as I would chicken. Take this recipe, it used to be my friend's chicken enchilada recipe. To use up some turkey last night I used her recipe as a base and changed it up a bit. Really easy and I had all the stuff on hand.

Turkey Enchiladas
1 T. margarine
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 t. diced garlic
1 4-oz. can diced green chilies
1 10.75 oz. can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
6 8-inch flour tortillas
2 cups diced turkey
1 t. paprika
1 t. chili powder
1 t. cumin

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 13x9x2 baking dish. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt margarine and saute onion and garlic until tender, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic powder and stir in green chilies, cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Mix well. Reserve 3/4 of sauce and set aside. To remaining 1/4 of sauce, add turkey and 1/2 cup of cheese. Mix well.
Fill each tortilla down center with turkey mixture and roll up. Place seam side down in baking dish. Spoon remaining sauce over rolled tortillas and top with remaining cheese. Bake 30-35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
(The original recipe called for adding 1/4 cup milk to remaining cheese mixture -I didn't- but I think it would've made it creamier.)

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: